Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mystery Solved..

Creator of Anti-Hillary Clinton YouTube Ad is Ex-Employee of Firm Linked to Obama Campaign
Thursday , March 22, 2007

The anonymous creator of the video comparing a future with Hillary Clinton as president to the world in George Orwell's '1984' is an ex-employee of a digital consulting firm with ties to rival candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

Philip de Vellis, a strategist with Blue State Digital, acknowledged that he was the creator of the video, which portrayed Clinton as a Big Brother figure and urged support for Obama's presidential campaign.

De Vellis said he resigned from the firm on Wednesday after he learned that he was about to be unmasked by liberal pundit Arianna Huffington on her Web site, HuffingtonPost.com.

He later posted his own lengthy admission and explanation on the Huffington site.

"I made the 'Vote Different' ad because I wanted to express my feelings about the Democratic primary, and because I wanted to show that an individual citizen can affect the process," de Vellis wrote.

"Let me be clear: I am a proud Democrat, and I always have been. I support Senator Obama. I hope he wins the primary. (I recognize that this ad is not his style of politics.)"

No comments: